Workforce Management Software
The purpose of any workforce management software is the automating and streamlining the employees' work planning process so companies are able to accurately manage their workforce, eliminate errors and reduce costs via the fewest amount of employees involved in the business operation such as producing a particular product or providing a particular service at a particular time.
With workforce management software the organizations are able to:
- improve their productivity with the greater employees visibility and involvement;
- using employee skills, knowledge, talent, and experience based on business demand;
- reduce business risk associated with seasonal cycles;
- optimize the business value of their workforce.
The certain workforce management software requirements are:
- Planning and forecasting – Automating and streamlining the process of workforce planning allows organizations to reduce business costs, eliminate manual work and mistakes. Using historical data enables periodical forecasting activities.
- Scheduling – Masterfully scheduling, even with temporary employees and during the cyclic business peaks and depressions, enables optimizing the multiple jobs, efficiently using employees’ skills and knowledge, and, as a result, increasing the products production and service providing speed.
- Time and attendance – Reducing payroll errors and overpayments by collecting the labor data, real-time validating work, including overtime, time, and automating pay calculation.
- Performance management – Visibility of the workforce key performance indicators (KPI) such as labor spend, attendance data and employee overtime across all departments and regions enables data analyzing for involving and equity of pay to employees.
- Task management – Making workflow easier and faster is the main goal of any organization. Task management enables determining the prioritized works and assigning the right tasks to the most appropriately skilled employees.
- Mobility – Mobile software programs allow companies to extend their workforce management by giving their staff, including managers and other workers the ability to perform their tasks using their smartphones, tablets, or other handheld devices.
Any business owner needs to be sure that employees meet his/her business necessaries. To do that, they should use different tools that enable facilitating long-term planning with short-term forecasting. Workforce management software that helps to provide labor scheduling, time and work data collecting, leave management, task and work activity management, time and attendance management is an instrument that enables driving the best return on the company’s labor investment via using workers with the necessary skills where and when they are needed most and are most effective.