Digital asset management or DAM is a solution for an effective storing, organizing, finding, retrieving, distributing and sharing digital files: photographs, images, music, audio, video, animation, creative files, presentations, documents and so forth.
A digital asset management software system must have indispensable capabilities enabling the secure storing of the digital files:
- Implementing a tiered data protection;
- A security model should include the multiple rings of defense;
- Using physical security such as locks on the server, restricted access, networking cabinets
- Using logical security such as encryption, authorization, passwords, authentication;
- Running the virus-detection programs;
- Access to the digital files depends on the user permissions;
- Knowing every employee who has physical access to the digital files on the fixed and removable devices;
- Identifying and correcting the weak links in the data movement processes;
- Identifying sensitive data that cannot be protected adequately.
- Protecting data from losing while it is moving electronically over the private or public network.
The general areas of securing digital files while they were stored, moved or accessed include:
- servers: server and backup security;
- cables: physical security of cabling;
- routers and switches: zoning, segmentation, authorization, authentication;
- applications: controlled access to the database;
- management tools: limit access, passwords, detection alerts.
If you want to optimize your digital asset workflows, you need a digital asset management software system that will help to grow your brand(s).