Computer inventory software helps to keep the hardware inventory up to date.
Depending on features and functionality the computer inventory software system can:
- identify and classify hardware types such as desktops, laptops, servers, mobile devices, printers or other and organize them in the computer inventory;
- visualize on the map where inventory items are located at any given time;
- collect detailed information about hardware characteristics: the memory, operating system and other;
- provide hardware properties: the device ID, the manufacturer of a CD-ROM drive, primary partition of a disk, and other;
- give real-time information about physical locations and configurations of hardware items;
- keep under control the up-to-date warranty information from manufacturers;
- collect basic information about software – applications listed in the control panel;
- automatically keep tracking of every change in the hardware inventory;
- customize computer inventory software solution;
- integrate with accounting and other helpful software systems.