Prism Visual Software’s computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) is a software solution specially designed to simplify the management of maintenance via:
1. Predictive maintenance – is designed to help define the condition of in-service machines and equipment with the purpose to predict when service should. This maintenance allows the scheduling of corrective maintenance and preventing unexpected failures of machines and equipment.
2. Periodic maintenance – the time-based maintenance that usually consists of a series of tasks
3. Preventive maintenance – systematic inspection, monitoring, and expertise and, in the case of detecting some incipient failures, even before they occur, the correction of those failures before developing them into major defects. This maintenance is carried out even if it is not any symptom of having problems.
4. Asset maintenance – consists of sustaining assets in the condition necessary for the expected exploitation level.
5. Operational maintenance – inspecting and servicing such as cleaning, lubricating, and adjusting, as required to preserve the machine, equipment, or asset. This maintenance is performed by equipment operators and does not require to have high technical skills and allows release engineers and technicians for more complicated work.
6. Corrective maintenance – detecting, isolating, and correcting defects of the machine or equipment and restoring them to the operational condition. In other words, this is maintenance that is carried out after detecting an anomaly and is aimed at restoring equipment and machines to a condition in which they can perform their functions.
7. Legal maintenance – is required for some equipment that subjects to Government regulations and rules. To this type of maintenance are subjected the fire prevention facilities, vehicles, installation of high and medium voltage, devices under pressure, storage tanks of toxic chemicals, and others.