Best Bookkeeping Software Means Easy Setup
Some factors the setup of the bookkeeping software system depends on:
- The operating system platform is running on the computer.
- The hardware and software requirements.
- The installation procedure.
- Limitations of how the current organization can use the bookkeeping software system.
- The basic information about the business, including the business name, address, telephone number, email, and website address.
- How much historical information is bringing from the existing system.
- How many features (areas) of the current bookkeeping software system the company is going to use.
We already told about one of the main aspects any business owner should consider when choosing the bookkeeping software system for his/her company, namely the ability to integrate with other desktop and mobile computer programs. Another important factor that you should take into consideration when are looking for the best bookkeeping software solution for your company is whether you can quickly and easily setup and running the chosen accounting system.
The main features (areas) of the bookkeeping software system that should be set up once the organization has created a bookkeeping account:
- Chart of accounts – a list of accounts that the organization is going to use for categorizing its income and expenses;
- List of customers – a list of customer contact information: name, address, telephone number, and e-mail.
- List of vendors – a list of vendor contact information: name, address, telephone number, e-mail, and website.
- List of products and services – a list of the goods and services that the organization sells with the indicated quantity available items for each product.
- Open balances – the latest statements of the bank and credit card.
- Unpaid bills – a list of bills that are unpaid to suppliers and vendors.
- Invoices – a list of the open customer invoices.
- Connection bank and credit card accounts – for automatically downloading the bank and credit card transactions into the bookkeeping software system.
- Multiple users – to give the accountant and other professional access to the accounting information
Summarizing all the above, we can tell that if you are searching the best bookkeeping software for your business, you should check how easy and quickly the system can be installed and setup. Some software providers offer free, some on an hourly or other basis paid services; so, you should be ready to include additional costs to your budget.